Louisiana Culinary Institute
Admission Requirements and Procedures
Upon successful completion of the following requirements and procedures, potential students can proceed with the enrollment process.
For all programs applicants must have:
- Proof of High School graduation, which includes a High School Diploma, official High School Transcripts, GED, DD Form 214, or official College Transcripts
- Completed an application
- Paid the registration fee (registration fee is refunded if applicant is not accepted)
- Completed the Wonderlic Test with a minimum composite score of 2 or the COMPASS test (waived for applicants holding an Associate Degree or higher, or applicants who submit an official college transcript evidencing successful completion (grade "C" or higher) in a college level Math and English class)
- Completed the Louisiana Culinary Institute developed Culinary Math Test
- Provided three references (at least one from a person in the food service industry)
- Completed a short essay (500 words) as to why they wish to pursue a career in the food service industry
- Successfully completed interviews with at least three faculty members (each faculty member will submit an interview score sheet to the Acceptance Committee)
The Acceptance Committee will then consider all of the above requirements and procedures in order to determine whether a potential student will be accepted or denied admission.